Corporate Social Responsibility
We believe that all the achievements that we have attained are a result of steady enduring support from the society. Acknowledging this fact, the company engages into the development of civilization by providing better infrastructure for education, fairs, awarding scholarship for bright students, arranging health camps etc. Also the company understands its responsibility towards maintaining a clean and balanced eco-friendly environment and hence performs treatment of all the outgoing water, maintains pollution levels below the statutory norms etc with the aid of proper effluent treatment plants.
As prescribed under Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014.
A) The Composition of the CSR Committee:
- Shri Brajratan Bhattad (Chairman)
- Shri Vineet Kumar Mohota
- Shri Prashant Kumar Mohota
- Shri Anurag Kumar Mohota
B) Functions of CSR Committee:
The CSR Committee shall :
- Formulate and recommend to the Board, a CSR Policy which shall indicate the activities to be undertaken by the Company
- Recommend the amount of expenditure to be incurred on the activities referred to in clause (i)
- Monitor the CSR Policy of the company from time to time
- Institute a transparent monitoring mechanism for implementation of the CSR projects or programs or activities undertaken by the company.
C) Responsibility of Board of Directors (BOD):
The BOD of every company on which CSR is applicable shall:
- After considering the recommendations made by the CSR Committee, approve the CSR Policy for the Company and disclose contents of such Policy in Board report.
- ensure that the activities as are included in CSR Policy of the company are undertaken by the Company
D) CSR Policy
The Mission and philosophy of CSR function of the Company is “To contribute positively to the development of the society, by acting as a good neighbor, considerate of others, playing the role of a good corporate citizen with passion and compassion.” Hence the CSR activities undertaken by the organization essentially focus on four core areas of Environment, Health, Education and Community Development.
The focus of the Company is to contribute to various institutions and initiatives around the manufacturing locations to provide social services to the needy.
The Company will undertake CSR activities as specified in Schedule VII to the Companies Act, 2013 (including any amendments to Schedule VII and any other activities specified by the Government through its notifications and circulars) but will not be limited to the following:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventive health care and sanitation, including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set up by the Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and making available safe drinking water;
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocational skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood enhancement projects;
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for women and orphans, setting up old age homes, day care centers and such other facilities for senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups;
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water including contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set up by the Central Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga;
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and development of traditional art and handicrafts;
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents;
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and Olympic sports;
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio‐economic development and relief and welfare of the scheduled castes, the scheduled tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women;
- Contributions or funds provided to technology incubators located within academic institutions which are approved by the Central Government;
- Rural development projects;
- Slum area development.
CSR activities will be undertaken either by the Company itself or through a Trust/Section 8. Company to be established by the Company or through any other Trust engaged in similar projects and activities. The Company may also collaborate with other companies to carry out its CSR activities.
Following are the charitable institutions run by the group
Gangabai Bulakidas Mohota High School, Hinganghat
Bhavan’s Girdhardas Mohota Vidya Mandir (Bhavan’s GVM)
Seth Mathuradas Mohota religious and charitable trust
Seth Mathuradas Mohota Science College, Nagpur
Shrimati Sirekunwar Devi Mohota Kanya Vidyalaya, Hinganghat
Shrimati Sirekunwar Devi Mohota memorial charitable trust